First Blog Post Ever

I have designed and re-designed the template of this blog several times in the past year, without ever writing an entry. It sounds like a good idea, and writing is fun, but a blog is a big commitment.
 
So no promises for consistency.
My name is Abby. I am a Hoosier at heart. My husband, Alex, is a little more global. He spent his youth living in several states and two foreign countries. His famous quote is, “I would love to live abroad… again.” After a wedding and two years of graduate school in the Midwest, we were ready to live abroad. Or at least somewhere fresh. In the summer of 2010, we were presented the grand opportunity of jobs and adventure in California’s Central Valley. So we transplanted.
An Indiana girl only dreams of living in a cool place like California. But dreams come true, people. Little did I know that California Dreamin’ and Central California are two different realities. (More to come regarding our sleepy little town called Visalia.)
No complaints here, though. In nearly three years as California Driver’s License carriers, we have driven “Prudence” our adorable green Prius up and down the 840 miles of diverse California shoreline. We have bicycled a thousand miles of streets, bridges, and beaches, ran a hundred miles of hills and valleys, and hiked up and around the Sierra Nevadas. We have embraced this curious state we now call home.
Sometimes I document our experiences in my paper journal, sometimes I type them on my laptop, and sometimes I do neither. My hope for this blog is to record our West Coast adventure, and for you (whoever you are!) to get to know Alex and me. Maybe the combination will entice you to come to California and taste for yourself.
Grace and peace.
 
A&A in March 2013

Comments

Popular Posts