Farewell Breckenridge
This past weekend, we had the privilege of traveling to Breckenridge, Colorado for a 3-day adventure. The purpose of the trip was two-fold. First, to spend some R&R in our favorite mountain town. Second, and more importantly, to help my grandparents pack up and move out of their beloved condo.
We have been journeying to Breckenridge for the last 18 years. Which means my first trip to was at age 12. I can't remember the trip being exceptionally life changing, especially since I was a tweener stuck in a mini van. (I am not proud of my bad attitude during my early adolescent years.) But that trip in 1997 was the first of nearly two decades of memories made on Broken Lance Drive.
We have journeyed back nearly every year, and sometimes twice in a year, to ski, snowboard, snow shoe, snow mobile, and explore the magnificent Rocky Mountains. We have scoured downtown Breckenridge for the best pizza, best steak, Mexican joint, Chinese food, you name it. We have shopped till we dropped and laughed even more. We have experienced exhilaration after conquering difficult ski runs and jumps, and we have experienced aches and pains, broken bones, and altitude sickness after those difficult feats. My brother Jared left his appendix in Vail, Colorado!
Most of the time, we experienced joy. Alex and I were actually engaged on Breckendrige mountain some 7 years ago. My grandma cried and we celebrated at Taddeos Italian Restaurant. And the rest is history, right?!
This past weekend, we gathered to enjoy and pack. We did both to the best of our ability. My sentimental side definitely broke out, so I apologize to my family. Thanks for bearing with me. I'm sure we'll be back, although not to Broken Lance drive.
Farewell Breckenridge! It has been a good run.
We have been journeying to Breckenridge for the last 18 years. Which means my first trip to was at age 12. I can't remember the trip being exceptionally life changing, especially since I was a tweener stuck in a mini van. (I am not proud of my bad attitude during my early adolescent years.) But that trip in 1997 was the first of nearly two decades of memories made on Broken Lance Drive.
We have journeyed back nearly every year, and sometimes twice in a year, to ski, snowboard, snow shoe, snow mobile, and explore the magnificent Rocky Mountains. We have scoured downtown Breckenridge for the best pizza, best steak, Mexican joint, Chinese food, you name it. We have shopped till we dropped and laughed even more. We have experienced exhilaration after conquering difficult ski runs and jumps, and we have experienced aches and pains, broken bones, and altitude sickness after those difficult feats. My brother Jared left his appendix in Vail, Colorado!
Most of the time, we experienced joy. Alex and I were actually engaged on Breckendrige mountain some 7 years ago. My grandma cried and we celebrated at Taddeos Italian Restaurant. And the rest is history, right?!
This past weekend, we gathered to enjoy and pack. We did both to the best of our ability. My sentimental side definitely broke out, so I apologize to my family. Thanks for bearing with me. I'm sure we'll be back, although not to Broken Lance drive.
Farewell Breckenridge! It has been a good run.
Cutest little mountain town
Good company!
Running buddy!
Summer in Breck
Happy Father's Day to this guy!
Selfies and such!
Found a mountain man...
Found a mountain stream!

Comments
Post a Comment