One More Day

Abby’s back! I want to say a special thanks to Alex for his gruesome depiction of our bullfighting experience. I can confirm, the fight was as gore-ific as it sounded.

So today is another festival day in Madrid. Yes, another festival! We are celebrating San Isidro, the patron saint of Madrid. Which means no class and lots of action in the city. The day is only half over and we have already scoured the city, browsing ceramics fairs, listening to brass bands, and watching native Galician dancing. (Galicia is region in the North of Spain with a very distinct culture). We were joined by Pastor Efrain and Mercy in the morning, which was super fun! There will be more on San Isidro tomorrow, because like I said, the day is only half over!

What I really want to talk about today is the fact that we only have one more day of Spanish class.

Wait, what?

Yes, my friends. It is sad but true. Tomorrow is our last day of Spanish class at Babylon Idiomas. As I have said in past, we are impressed with Babylon. It is a-mazing! The staff is professional, the curriculum is current, and there are opportunities to practice Spanish everyday outside of class. Our speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills have grown immensely in merely six weeks. We highly recommend it to anyone interested in language school. Click here if you are interested in checking it out!

Plus, Alex and I have enjoyed literally attending school. We have enjoyed returning to the classroom for academic study. Some may see this as insane, but different is beautiful. And we have missed school.

The good news is, even with six weeks of study, we have much to learn. Which means more school is in our future.

We have only experienced one kink at Babylon Idiomas, and it actually occurred yesterday. We were surprised by an end of course exam. I think I knew in the back of my mind that this was coming, but then bam! Nothing like a surprise exam to get your day going!

Truthfully, the exam wasn't too bad. If all goes well, we will have both passed our level of Spanish competency. Who knows, maybe we'll get our intermediate certificates tomorrow?!

Crossed fingers!


P.S. I bought cupcakes at our local bakery to share on our last day. Not sure if they are to celebrate or to mourn.



Comments

  1. way to go - so proud of you two! enjoy the pretty cupcakes! <3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome on all counts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought of "One Day More" in Les Miserables.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are looking forward to your visit to KC next month!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts