Funky


While lounging at the lake in Michigan, I gobbled up the book, The Fault in Our Stars. By gobbled up, I mean that I read it in less than 48 hours. The last time I did that was when Harry Potter was brand new.

The Fault in Our Stars is a precious novel. Oddly enough it is written by a Hoosier. And it takes place in Indianapolis! In addition to the sweet love story, the book gave me warm fuzzies as I read about the spots the characters frequent in my hometown. Several scenes take place at the Indianapolis Museum of Art’s 100 Acre Woods at a sculpture called Funky Bones.

My sister-in-law, Joni, read the book almost as quickly as me, and while she was visiting this weekend, we decided to experience Funky Bones. After spending a few hours downtown and exploring the Near Eastside of Indianapolis, some of the Hay and Butler women stopped at the 100 Acre Woods.

Funky Bones was just as described in the book, and depicted in the movie. It is a giant skeleton that we could climb on and over. We spent quite a while climbing and snapping photos. It was super fun! We also explored some of the other sculptures on the grounds.

Check out the snapped photos below! And if you ever visit, I vow to show you this Indianapolis treasure!






Comments

Popular Posts