Stay-cation
One blog entry in August is weak sauce. Maybe it was writer’s
block? Maybe we’ve been working again? And playing hard?
Who knows. But I apologize!
Labor Day Weekend was no exception to the playing hard
thing. Alex and I spent this past weekend enjoying Northern, Central, and
Southern Indiana. It was an Indiana stay-cation.
On Friday evening, we drove north to Middlebury, Indiana,
located in Indiana's Amish country. We were happy to meet our college friend,
Jordan, and his wife, Katie, on their tour de Michigan. (Jordan is from
Michigan, but they now live in Portland, Oregon.) More friends, Joe and Lisa,
drove from Chicago to meet us, too. It was a wonderful reunion! We stuffed our
faces with delicious Amish food, like homemade noodles and pie, and we stayed
way too late. Das Dutchman Essenhaus, the Amish restaurant, turned the lights
off on our last game of cards.
Saturday was spent exercising and lounging at home in
Indianapolis. In the evening, Alex and I attended my high school reunion. That's right, I said it.
Ten. Year. Reunion.
I don't really want to elaborate because I am still processing the ten year part. Where has the time gone? It was only yesterday that I was leaving the comforts of home in Indianapolis for the adventure in Bourbonnais, Illinois!
Sunday and Monday, Alex and I drove south to Bloomington,
Indiana. Bloomington is the home of Indiana University, where my sister is in her second year
of law school. We were joined by my parents on the stay-ca and enjoyed biking,
hiking, and eating.
Southern Indiana is the hidden jewel of the Crossroads
state. Often written off for being "back woods" and minimally cultured, I think
the rugged beauty of Southern Indiana is glorious. The views are similar those of the Appalachians. Green
hills and deep blue lakes dot the landscape. Trees are in abundance. Cell phone
service is limited.
What’s not to love?!
What’s not to love?!
Biking on the B-Line in Bloomington, Indiana
Molly and her Jacob
After a rugged hike in Brown County State Park
Cheers from the Hoosier State!



Comments
Post a Comment