Robin Hood

I love to read blogs for work and for pleasure. One of my favorites is the NPR food blog, The Salt. The stories are usually from the radio programs that I cannot catch during the day. They are almost always relevant to my job as a registered dietitian, and they satisfy my interest in the food world.

This morning I was browsing the blogsphere and I stumbled upon the following story from The Salt: Spain's Robin Hood Restaurant Charges The Rich And Feeds The Poor.

It is about a restaurant in downtown Madrid that charges rich customers for gourmet breakfasts and lunches, in order to provide free meals for homeless customers in the evening. It has become so popular that it is hard to find a seat at lunch. This restaurant's good work makes my heart so happy! It also makes me want to go back to Madrid and dine at Robin Hood. Who knows... maybe it will happen sooner than later!

Rooftop view of Madrid, our favorite city, in 2014

Recovering vagabonds, now parents.

Comments

Popular Posts