Pinch Me



This week, I have been a slacker in the blogosphere. I try to avoid excuses, but I have a really good one this time!

It has been out of sheer busyness that I have failed to write.

Our time in Indianapolis has been a whirlwind. It has been filled with family gatherings, reunions with friends, job interviews, gardening, landscaping and home improvement projects, bike rides, soccer games, a bridal shower, and kitchen experimentation (which I shared last week). Such fun!

We also took an overnight trip to Wisconsin, where we celebrated cousin Amy Butler’s high school graduation. We were able to spend time with much of Alex's extended family, which was a real treat! On the way back to Indianapolis, we stopped in Chicago to celebrate Father’s Day with Alex’s parents. To celebrate, we took our second trip aboard Shoreline Sightseeing's Chicago Architectural Boat Tour (highly recommend) and we devoured a deep dish pizza.

As we conclude our second week in Indianapolis, I cannot stop pinching myself. I have longed for extended time in my hometown with loved ones. For the past four years, we have had little more than a weekend trip or Christmas holiday in Indianapolis. Each visit has been jam-packed with fun events; but it’s just that, jam-packed. I have so enjoyed the past two weeks of “living life” in Indianapolis.

Even last night, no one had plans, so Alex and I taught my youngest siblings how to play Monopoly Deal. We played and laughed for hours without needing to watch the clock and rush to the next event.

This season of our life is about quality time. It is about being loved and knowing we are loved, not only by physically present people, but also our Heavenly Father. We are learning how to slow down, surrender our meticulous plans, and enjoy these God-given relationships.

And since this time of sabbatical is rapidly coming to an end, we are relishing every minute of quality time spent.

 My siblings and our significant others! Plus little Theo!

 Learning how to slack line.

Alex and Grandpa Dave get drenched during a bike ride.

Silver in the City is the cutest little shop on Mass Ave.

Celebrating our new sister, Ashley!

 
 Admiring her height!

My mom's wedding dress!

The Sears tower and my love!

  
The Windy City

 Happy Father's Day!

 Monopoly Deal

Comments

  1. I could cry! This post is great. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super report. You have many good memories to make the future sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts